- Full Time
- Part Time
- Freiburg im Breisgau and Hamburg
- This position has been filled.
As a member of an agile Core Development team, you and your team are responsible for developing and maintaining OXID eShop and its components.
Digital commerce of the future. Our platform for your career.
We give retailers a platform on which well-known customers conduct their successful and sustainable e-businesses. As a growing provider of e-commerce solutions, we offer our employees exactly the environment they want: dynamic, innovative, with short decision-making paths and various personal development opportunities. Would you like to join us in designing the online trading of tomorrow? Then join our team.
- You will work on the implementation, conception, design, and testing of OXID products and the OXID Software Development Kit.
- You will write high-quality code and test the quality thereof with unit, integration and acceptance tests that are automated in a continuous integration environment.
- You will work with state-of-the-art systems and tools (PHP Storm, Composer, GitHub, Jenkins, Sphinx, Travis, Coveralls, and many more).
- You will work with a dynamic, international team and use agile methods.
- Completed relevant vocational training/study or corresponding professional experience (for lateral entrants)
- Very good command of object-oriented PHP
- Knowledge of how to work with databases
- Preferably several years of programming experience with web technologies
- Background knowledge of common web server technologies
- Ideally, knowledge in the field of automatic testing using PHP Unit and Selenium
- Very good knowledge of English and German
- Independent and solution-oriented way of working
- Ability to work on a team and communication skills
- High level of comprehension and ability to implement developments quickly
We offer optimal working conditions with challenges and high support
You will get a job that keeps pace with the latest trends. You will be presented with challenging tasks. And we trust that you will perform them independently. Freedom of choice, intellectual challenges, and interesting and varied tasks are our daily reality. Management and employees engage with each other on an equal playing field. We provide you with individualized training, career, and promotion opportunities. We also support your participation at third party trade fairs and other events. We ensure that you are kept up-to-date with the very latest technology or, if desired, you can even give presentations yourself. It goes without saying that our employees enjoy performance-based remuneration.
Workplaces with high quality of life for optimal work-life balance
You are given the opportunity to work and live in locations that are known for their high quality of life. Our flexible working hours make work-life balance more than just a buzzword. Our offices are located right in the city center. It has very good public transport connections and a wide range of lunch options, which will all contribute to your well-being.
Additional benefits to improve employee satisfaction
Employees regularly enjoy fresh fruit as well as free coffee and tea. The numerous benefits that make working at OXID so special include employee discounts for various events in Germany, business bicycles via JobRad, BAV subsidies, a bouldering wall on the premises, various employee initiatives such as mountain biking or football groups, employee events, and much more.
Team: OXID Core Development
- In the product development we implement and maintain all the products of OXID eSales. Mainly these are the components of an e-commerce suite but also tools around the suite to enable developer to easily customize the suite to their needs.
Our Tech Stack
- PHP, Apache, MySQL, Github, Jenkins, Travis, Codeception, Sphinx, Composer, Symfony components, Docker, Ansible, Travis
- Our web applications are based on a LAMP stack. Around this stack we built up a Continuous Integration/Delivery environment which ensures the quality of the products. The testability and code quality is very important as we have thousands of installations outside.