OXID eShop v6.0.0-beta.3 is publicly available as from now.
Information about changes
- Some 3rd party components have been updated to a newer version. These alterations can be found here.
- The routing of controllers is now compatible back and forth. Please see the details in these documents: namespaces in modules page and modules metadata v2.0 page.
- It is possible now to use virtual namespaces everywhere via instanceof, and type hints and exception catching are backwards as well as forwards compatible.
- A new security improvement (related to security bulletin 2016-001) has been added . Previously, in the source code, there was a so called “black list” of fields defined, forbidding user updates. This means that all new fields appearing in oxuser and oxaddress tables could have been updated by a signed-in user. In OXID eShop v6.0.0-beta.3, these fields were “white listed”, meaning that only fields described can be updated, but all new fields can’t. If there will be a need to add additional fields for updating user or address information via user forms in the storefront, you’ll have to extend this class:
For the shipping address please use this class:
Please read more about “Modify white listed fields” in this document. An example on how to extend an UpdatableFields class can be found in these module commit changes.
Updating and installing OXID eShop v6.0.0-beta.3
If you run the installation like described in the blog post “OXID eShop v6.0.0 Beta: Installation” you will now automatically install the new beta version.
For updating from a former v6 version, edit the file my_oxid_eshop_project/composer.json and replace OXID eShop metapackage entry with “^v6.0-beta.3”. Then run:
$ composer update --no-dev
In case you’d like to install development dependencies please add the changes into your project specific my_oxid_eshop_project/composer.json file.
$ composer update
Information how to run OXID eShop tests can be found in OXID eShop installation documentation page, section “Project with development components”.
Flow Theme version 2.1.0
A new version of the Flow theme was released within the compilation. It contains several fixes and improvements together with:
- newly created block: checkout_order_btn_submit_bottom in page/checkout/order.tpl
- renamed block: from dd_widget_header_categorylist_navbar_list to dd_widget_header_categorylist_navbar in widget/header/categorylist.tpl as two blocks has had the same name.