OXID eShop v6.0.0-beta.3 is publicly available as from now.
Information about changes
- Some 3rd party components have been updated to a newer version. These alterations can be found here.
- The routing of controllers is now compatible back and forth. Please see the details in these documents: namespaces in modules page and modules metadata v2.0 page.
- It is possible now to use virtual namespaces everywhere via instanceof, and type hints and exception catching are backwards as well as forwards compatible.
- A new security improvement (related to security bulletin 2016-001) has been added . Previously, in the source code, there was a so called “black list” of fields defined, forbidding user updates. This means that all new fields appearing in oxuser and oxaddress tables could have been updated by a signed-in user. In OXID eShop v6.0.0-beta.3, these fields were “white listed”, meaning that only fields described can be updated, but all new fields can’t. If there will be a need to add additional fields for updating user or address information via user forms in the storefront, you’ll have to extend this class:
For the shipping address please use this class:
Updating and installing OXID eShop v6.0.0-beta.3
If you run the installation like described in the blog post “OXID eShop v6.0.0 Beta: Installation” you will now automatically install the new beta version.
For updating from a former v6 version, edit the file my_oxid_eshop_project/composer.json and replace OXID eShop metapackage entry with “^v6.0-beta.3”. Then run:
$ composer update --no-dev
In case you’d like to install development dependencies please add the changes into your project specific my_oxid_eshop_project/composer.json file.
$ composer update
Information how to run OXID eShop tests can be found in OXID eShop installation documentation page, section “Project with development components”.
Flow Theme version 2.1.0
A new version of the Flow theme was released within the compilation. It contains several fixes and improvements together with:
- newly created block: checkout_order_btn_submit_bottom in page/checkout/order.tpl
- renamed block: from dd_widget_header_categorylist_navbar_list to dd_widget_header_categorylist_navbar in widget/header/categorylist.tpl as two blocks has had the same name.