General hints for this package
- Confirmation text of terms has been moved from lang.php files to CMS pages (Admin -> Customer Info -> CMS Pages -> oxrighttocancellegend). Previously it was included directly in template of last order step – order.tpl.
- As of PHP 5.3.0, the eregi_replace function has been deprecated, which is still used in the DTAUS export library. While the solution is technically very simple, it cannot be currently implemented due to the licensing limitations of the library. We are working on agreement with the DTAUS library author.
Please find detailed information about template changes in directory “templ_docu/index.html” of this package.
Please remember the Template Override System we introduced with version 4.2.0. This system will help you saving a lot of time and work while updating your system.
- 0001929: [Setup] System requirements check for “Files/folders access rights” always fails.
- 0001859: [Content & CMS pages] Help-texts makes problems with utf-8.
- 0001865: [Core Settings] Realpath error on index.php.
- 0001778: [extension PayPal] No message after error while paying on paypal.com.
- 0001880: [Files & Source code & Database] contents of tmp directory are browser-readable.
- 0001895: [Languages] Do not allow to delete default eShop language.
- 0001871: [extension PayPal] Phone number is not saved to user data if using paypal express.
- 0001714: [Users] Double User number allocation.
- 0001588: [Files & Source code & Database] Reference argument will be converted to value in __call with PHP 5.3.1.
You may find the complete list of bugfixes in our bugtracking system: https://bugs.oxid-esales.com/changelog_page.php.
- Added product delivery time. In Admin->Administer Products->Products->Stock you can enter how long will it take to deliver product to customer. It will be shown on product details page.
- Bug #1859 fix introduces such changes:
- removing of help templates stored in “/help/0/”, “/help/1/”;
- storing help content to CMS (Admin->Customer Info->CMS Pages);
Old help templates (“/help/0/”, “/help/1/”..) support is left. Detailed information how to create help pages can be found at http://wiki.oxidforge.org/Tutorials/Creating_new_help_page
- Added usage of Facebook social plugins – like button, share button, facepile, live stream, invite friends box, comments box. All Facebook features can be swithed on/off in Admin -> Core settings -> Settings -> Facebook. Find more details on http://wiki.oxidforge.org/Features/Facebook
- Added Facebook Connect. Facebook Connect enables users to log in to your site with their Facebook account. If user already has an account in eShop, popup will show up where users can connect existing account with Facebook login.
- Added new functionality – invited users can get credit points. If existing registered shop user sends an invitation to his friend and this friend registers in invited website, both of them can get credit points. Shop owner can decide how much credit points gets user who was invited and user, who sent an invitation. Same functionality works with “suggest product”.
- Added Trusted Shops Ratings support. To enable it open Trusted Shops account, get ratings ID (separate for each language) and enter required info at “Admin->eCommerce Services->Kundenbewertungen->Trusted Shops”.
- Integrated Private Sales (PS) Login module, which transforms regular shop into members-only shop. By restricting full shop access for regular users it helps to develop customer communities with similar interests.
In order to get advantages of PS customer must:
- complete registration form. Regular registration procedure, when user fills in his email, living address, phone number etc;
- confirm registration. After registration form is complete email comes to customer mail box containing instructions and url used for registration confirmation;
- accept Terms and Conditions. On first login or any change in Terms and Conditions, customer must accept its changes to proceed with shopping.
To enable PS Login go to “Admin->Master Settings->Core Settings->Settings ->Private Sales” and set “Private Sales Login” enabled.
- Integrated promotions module, which is dedicated to attract customers attention about expired, current and upcoming shop events and increase shop sales. With promotions you can:
- set up highly customized promotion look by editing Html/Smarty code;
- define any shop or external target by setting URL;
- assign promotions to preferred user groups;
- set up promotion start and end dates.
- Implemented Basket Reservation feature, which, if enabled, changes articles’ stock management in eShop. When this feature is disabled (default) eShop reduces product stock exactly at the time when order is confirmed by customer and checkout is finished. With this feature enabled the functionality changes:
- Product stock decreases and is being reserved immediately when product is put into basket.
- The reservation is canceled when basket content is bought or the basket expires.
- Added Trusted Shops new Product Buyer Protection to secure the purchase of your customers up to a chosen Safety height. To enable it open Trusted Shops account, get Trusted Shops ID for your shop (separate for each language). Add required info at “Admin->eCommerce Services->Seal of Quality->Trusted Shops”. The Trusted Shops buyer protection is offered in the checkout process along with the choice of the payment (order step 3).
Important information for developers
No special notes for this revision.