Released: October 20th, 2010
The following issue has been identified:
We found the possibility of cross-site scripting (XSS).
Resolved in OXID eShop version 4.4.3.
No exploits are known as of today.
Affected products, releases and platforms
- OXID eShop Professional Edition
- OXID eShop Enterprise Edition
- OXID eShop Community Edition
- Professional, Enterprise and Community Edition: 188.8.131.52_13895, 184.108.40.206_13934, 220.127.116.11_14260, 18.104.22.168_14455, 22.214.171.124_14842, 126.96.36.199_14967, 188.8.131.52_15990, 4.1.0, 4.1.1, 4.1.2, 4.1.3, 4.1.4, 4.1.5, 4.1.6, 4.2.0, 4.3.0, 4.3.1, 4.3.2, 4.4.0, 4.4.1 and 4.4.2
- Above releases are affected on all platforms.
Note: Older releases than the ones mentioned might as well be affected. They are considered end of life and will not be supported further.
The issue has been addressed in the following releases:
- OXID eShop Professional Edition version 4.4.3
- OXID eShop Enterprise Edition version 4.4.3
- OXID eShop Community Edition version 4.4.3
Note: Users of the legacy <= 184.108.40.206 and <= 220.127.116.11 releases will not be provided with a fix. These versions are considered end of life and will not be supported further.
The security issue has been found during one of our regular security audits.
To receive upcoming OXID Security Bulletins, please subscribe to the mailing lists or the Announcement forum
How to report security issues
Learn how to report security issues in the Security overview page.