The following issue has been identified:
A possibility to assign to any user group, except admin group, without admin confirmation has been found in OXID eShop all editions, all former versions.
Resolved in OXID eShop version 4.7.13/5.0.13 and OXID eShop version 4.8.7/5.1.7
An attacker can trick a user to click on a mal-formed link and assign user to any pre-defined dynamical user group of the shop or user can assign himself to any user group that theoretically can be used to block access to the shop or gain unauthorized access to privileges of user group.
A possible exploit could lead to:
- blocking user from accessing shop;
- letting user do more than user is supposed to do.
Affected products, releases and platforms
- OXID eShop Enterprise Edition
- OXID eShop Professional Edition
- OXID eShop Community Edition
- All previous releases
- All releases are affected on all platforms.
The issue has been addressed in the following releases:
- OXID eShop Professional Edition version 4.7.13 and 4.8.7
- OXID eShop Enterprise Edition version 5.0.13 and 5.1.7
- OXID eShop Community Edition version 4.7.13 and 4.8.7
Bug tracker entry: https://bugs.oxid-esales.com/view.php?id=5814
For OXID eShops <= version 5.1 (EE) and 4.8 (PE, CE)
1. Please go to eShop Admin->Master Settings->Core Settings->System->Other Settings and find a field Prohibited User Groups for dynamic User Group assignment using “dgr” URL param.
Add all User Group IDs there, which you want to be unassignable using “dgr” URL parameter.
Default User Group IDs in OXID eShop are:
The security issue has been found during one of our regular security audits.
How to report security issues
Learn how to report security issues in the Security overview page.