You might have already noticed that on Tuesday, July 31st, we released three OXID eShop versions 6.1.0, 6.0.3 and 4.10.8/5.3.8. Please note that all new versions contain fixes for two security issues, hence we urge you to update immediately. We will publish the according security bulletins in a couple of days:
OXID eShop 6.1.0
With the release OXID eShop 6.1.0 we did a lot of amazing changes:
- This version now already contains the GDPR Opt-in module which is actually a must-have if you reside in the European Union: it introduces functionalities which are important to get your website GDPR compliant. This module was formerly available as an extra download, and it now was integrated in this OXID eShop compilation. Please read this blog post for more information about the feature and how it works. If you run your shop outside the EU, then of course you don’t have to activate this module – or may even just ditch it.
- Additionally, we introduced configurable forms to validate only the necessary data to transmit: In admin panel, go to Master settings -> Settings -> Other settings to choose which form fields shall be validated and which not.
- You may also want to have a look at the Klarna module we introduced with this compilation: it provides an interface to the payment provider Klarna who is active in the U.S., in the U.K., in the Scandinavian countries, Germany, Austria and the Netherlands. Amongst other payment methods, Klarna offers payment on invoice and installment sale.
- The PSR3 logger ‘monolog‘ replaces the former OXID logging mechanism to focus more on present development standards (many thanks @flow-control for the pull request!). Please find the documentation here: https://docs.oxid-esales.com/developer/en/6.1/system_architecture/logging.html. IMPORTANT: with the changes to the logging mechanism the default log file name has changed from “EXCEPTION_LOG.txt” to “oxideshop.log”, this might affect custom modules which directly use this file.
- We also introduced metadata.php 2.1. With this change, for module writers, it is now possible to overwrite Smarty Plugins – which makes you guys much more flexible and update-safe when developing your own views.
- OXID eShop 6.1 is ready for the Personalization Option (EE only) which will be introduced shortly. In short: this option enables the possibility to present visitors a unique shopping experience tailored to their needs and desires, based on their browsing behaviour.
- Last but not least we introduced PHP 7.1 support and keep supporting PHP 7.0. We abandoned PHP 5.6 support instead – of course not without your consent.
OXID eShop 6.1 got the “maintenance” state with this release. Please find more information in the release notes for this version.
OXID eShop 6.0.3
OXID eShop 6.0 got the “legacy” state with the release of the first OXID eShop 6.1 version. It still supports PHP 5.6 and (officially, in a manner of “tested”) PHP 7.0.
The modules GDPR Opt-in as well as Klarna have been packaged with this compilation, and it also contains bug fixes. Please also see the release notes.
OXID eShop 4.10.8 (CE/PE) and 5.3.8 (EE)
This is the last patch for this OXID eShop series. From now on OXID eShop 4.10/5.3 are officially marked as “end of lifetime” and will not be supported any longer. This patch release contains only the bug fixes for the above named security issues. Please also see the release notes.
Please also see this release plan for an overview of our release policy.
Have fun with your brand new versions, hope you like it as much as we do. In case of any questions or annotations please feel free to visit our discussion board.